1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8611 Blizzard Plow On F-350

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mac, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Mac

Mac Member

Has anyone ever mounted a blizzard 8611 on a single rear wheel F-350. It has the snow prep-package and all that other jazz. If anyone has mounted one how well has it worked.

Thanks
    Corey

2. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

Jerre Heyer has. He recommends making sure that you have at least three leaf springs in the front though.

I am going to put one on my F350 this year.

Good Luck!

3. wyldman

wyldman Member

Good front springs and Timbrens should do the trick.It would be a pretty sweet plow on a pickup. :D

Jerre Heyer is the man to talk to about it.

4. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

The truck should handle the Blizzard 8611 just fine. Try a search on the topic and see what comes up:)

5. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Half day Thursday Meyer? ;)

6. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

:D LOL JD pumpkin:
    Must be......

I thought the 8611 was for trucks greater than 1 ton, does this practice fall under the same as say hanging a huge 8' plow on a 1/2 ton? Or is the 350 really a heavier truck?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2003
  7. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

Blizzard corp. says no way, plow is to heavy for the axle and ball joints. I have a f-350 dual wheel cab and chassis and I put on a 810. Just my two cents.pumpkin:

8. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

We did it last season ( a subs truck). It was a real snow mover, but I wouldn't do it on mine. Too much stress on parts that cannot really handle it. That extra weight is really noticeable.

9. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

Come on Jerre get out of the garage and on to the putor :D

These boys want the real truth!

10. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Sorry Mike,

Just got done hanging an 8611 on a F550 for a Western convert...... Now just a few hundred thousand more to go.

Been kinda busy here after a little snow. Now getting ready for the BBQ at Taconics. Took the day off to sell snow plows at a snowmobile grass drag.

The F250,350,450 SWR all use the same components for the front suspension on the newer than 2001 trucks. The 99+00 models used a lighter ft axle on some F250's.

The key is Front Axle and Springs. If the truck has the 450 front axle and you respring or 450 spring it, the 350 it will handle the weight. Dana 60 Series is what we see on them coming in now.

Mine has over 100K on it with a plow hanging most of the time. Put the 8611 on last year without the respring to see how it did. Will be putting the 450 springs under it for this year.

As Tom said it is a real snow mover. Add a little sidewing and you can really clear the way.

Would I do it again........Hang on just a second while I hook it up.... Jerre

11. jsaunders

jsaunders Senior Member

I just wanted to bring this up again- very interesting. How is everything still working? What about if you have a diesel engine- extra weight- noticed Jerre had a light weight V10. Thanks Joel

12. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Try looking around Ford's website for the specs on the 05 trucks. I recall reading that some F250's and F350's were rated for the same amount of aftermarket weight that the 450 and 550 are. I tried finding the number again but didn't have any luck. It may be in the Fleet section.

13. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Mine's been working pretty good. I like the extra size of the 8611 and am looking forward to the lo profile model they are coming out with. Reduced weight with the same extension size.

Jerre

P.S. side wing on it too and I'm moving 16+ ft per pass

14. jfm3

jfm3 Junior Member

not to be rude and off topic to this original post. . .

but when is blizzard coming out with this lo profile model Jerre?????