1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8611 Blizzard on ford Ranger??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Joe92GT, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Joe92GT

Joe92GT Member

I was wondering if I could put the 8611 on my ranger? Is the plow too small? :dizzy: ;)

I also got a 8 foot stainless steel V-box, for some reason it hangs off the end of the bed :confused:

Just playing around, releiving the stress of trying to get everything together for the winter.

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

With that little plow on the big ranger,you won't need any spring upgrades or even Timbrens.Make sure you keep the tire pressures down below 20 psi so it rides better.

I would also recommend a large pull plow,as with only the 8 ft V-box in the back,you'll need the extra weight. ;)

3. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

LMAO at Wyldman's post. :p

I am sure that warranty won't be a problem either! :D

:rolleyes:

4. Rob Hausrath

Rob Hausrath Member

You just have to make sure it is the 6 cylinder, the 4 would never do it!:drinkup:

5. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Is that 2 or 4 wheel drive? Id recomend some tire chains if its only 2x4 and you have the weight in the bed so no ballast will be needed. I agree with Wyldman on lowering your psi so you get a nicer ride this will also help the truck float ont he snow rather than drive through it giving it a nice fish tail cornering ability. Dont bother securing that sander either the weight of the material plus the sander should be enough to hold it in place.
    Look around on the site Im sure this has been discussed before...:rolleyes: On a more serious note, Joe where are you from in NJ?

Eric

Last edited: Oct 10, 2003
  6. micah79

micah79 Senior Member

Before I read the last line in your post, I actually thought you might be serious. With the way some of the posts have been lately you never know???? Anyways thanks for the laugh.

I just keep thinking of jeeps with unibodys.......My head hurts.pumpkin:

7. wyldman

wyldman Member

I just spoke to a Ford rep today,and he said the warranty will be fine as long as you don't exceed the 9500 lb FAWR or the 26 K GVWR.With that small of a plow,you'll never come close to overloading it.

Geez,there might even be enough left to throw a Cummins under the hood :D

8. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Im thinkin you should c notch the frame throw some airbags on it and a set of 22's and forget the whole plow thing just use the frame to plow snow and just pour the sand in the bed and let it fall through the hole you cut for your C notch. Then youll save on all the headaches of buying that big plow and sander and youll be BLING BLINGin in the snow

LOL

Jay

9. Joe92GT

Joe92GT Member

I was thinking about putting spinners on the wheels too.. so when I stop plowing, the boss still thinks I'm moving. :drinkup:

I live in Hopatcong NJ. My real truck is a full size chevy, (wouldn't buy anything under a 3/4 ton :) )

Do you think the back plow and v-box would overload the ranger though? I think if I only keep a ton and a half of sand in it, I'll be fine.

I did see the way other posts were going, thats what gave me the idea for this one.

10. NoStockBikes!!

NoStockBikes!! Senior Member

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :D :salute: That was beautiful...

11. ROSELAWN

ROSELAWN Member

Just remember C- range tires are the only way to go for a v-box and pull plow. For increased productivity you should look at a liquid mag chloride setup they fit perfect on the roofs of '93 to present Rangers. Mounting can be achieved with 3 feet of bailing wire and 2 - 24" bungees but they must be RED! Use your side mirrors as anchor points, and washer fluid pumps work great for even chemical distribution. In the future don't forget about a side plow. Please send pics when it is complete. :waving:

12. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Joe I live in Randolph not to far from you. I agree with jay on the frame... I think thats what he said he was doin to his, Right Jay :D
    Eric

13. wyldman

wyldman Member

Don't waste you money on C- range tires,that truck won't need them.Just keep the factory P195/75R14's as they are dirt cheap to relplace.

14. Joe92GT

Joe92GT Member

I forgot all about a side plow. The county wants to sell me one off of a tripple axle they have lying around, i hope that will work on the ranger. It would be the ultimate plowing truck.... :rolleyes:

15. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Actually yes once I get my new truck the Rangers gonna be my 2wd "rail plow". Im going to follow the DOT trucks in the ranger down the highway and hit the switches to scrape rails and see who can throw more sparks.................Me or the DOT plows :)

Jay

16. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Oh no not the blonde joke again:D

17. micah79

micah79 Senior Member

here you go

A blonde driving a car became lost in a snowstorm. She didn't panic however, because she remembered what her dad had once told her. "If you ever get stuck in a snowstorm, just wait for a snow plow to come by and follow it."

Sure enough, pretty soon a snow plow came by, and she started to follow it. She followed the plow for about forty-five minutes.

Finally the driver of the truck got out and asked her what she was doing. And she explained that her dad had told her if she ever got stuck in a snow storm, to follow a plow.

The driver nodded and said, "Well, I'm done with the Wal-Mart parking lot, do you want to follow me over to K-Mart now?"

:D

18. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Sheesh did ya have to bring that joke back into existence :rolleyes:

Haha just kidding............that ones always good for a laugh

Jaypumpkin:

19. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Well I guess it's time to get the 680 off the front of the F350 and buy a smaller truck. I like the trend to smaller trucks but what do I do with these big truck I got to put these plow's on???

Jerre

20. micah79

micah79 Senior Member

jay

gordyo made me do it. lol