1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

860SW Wings It Before Moldboard

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by TurfSolutionsMN, Nov 22, 2008.

1. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

I Just hooked up my Blizzard to my '01 Ford, I dropped it and the wings hit before the moldboard it leaves it a good 1/4" higher. I think the mount on my truck is to high its 14" off the ground and my other truck is 12 1/4" and that works fine. There both on the lowest set of holes. I called the dealer today he hasn't heard of this problem I told about the hight difference, he didn't know if that was the problem, I think it is. What I'm getting at is can you only run with two bolts on each side compared to four? Or can you drill another set of holes for the other bolts?

2. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

If you only put 2 bolts in your going to twist the bracket out I would think. I would put another set of holes in or take the brackets off and take them to a metal fabrication shop if you don't have the equipment to make a new set that extends lower yourself.

3. TurfSolutionsMN

from MN

Do you think it would work if I dropped it one hole and just drilled a new set of holes in the beam going across to line up with the brackets or should I extend the brackets down?

4. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

5. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

If it was me I would bring the brackets down. I just think when you start drilling "extra" holes your giving up stregnth. I wouldn't drill in the beam at all. If you make a set of longer brackets you'll be fine. I've had to do it in the past and it worked.

6. TurfSolutionsMN

from MN

Thanks everyone for your help!! I will take it to the fab shop tomarrow.

7. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

8. anolke

anolke Junior Member

HI I had the same problem with my 760sw I just took off the 2 tabs where the spring back plat hit and then tighten up my springs it looks like it will work but have not plowed with it yet

9. TurfSolutionsMN

from MN

I took it to the fab shop today they extended the bracket for me and now everything lines up. I just wish they would make the brackets longer so they work with the fords.

10. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Blizzard makes mounts for stock Fords, and stock Dodges. I have a 2" leveling kit on my Dodge and it works out okay with the stock mount and the 810's. Once you start lifting the trucks, you start to have issues. Mount height is critical on most plows, including all the v-plows. If you set em just right your edges last longer too.

11. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

When my 07 f-350 was stock I actually had the opposite problem. My wing tips were off the ground an inch+. I had to notch my bumber behind the air dam to get it mount as high as possible. I only ran 6 bolts that year becasue the back ones were higher than the truck bracket. I do beleive I had the smallest f-350 ever made l.o.l. I thought I would have been fine with my small lift ( running stock tires in the winter) but that wasn't the case for me. I never had this problem with my 810 on my 03 w/a 4'' lift. I think that S.W. is just that way. It was an easy fix and now i can put my push beam back to the top for the summer. I do it the same time I bolt on the 35's !!! Good Luck, shaun