1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

860SW Wing Cables

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Tucker, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Tucker

Tucker Junior Member

Has anyone else been having problems with the Cables busting off at the threads? I have had the plow for about 4 Years and have replaced them about 6 times now and at about 180$ each cable it's really starting to suck. Does anyone have a fix for this??
  2. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Yep it's a common problem on them. There is a fix but it requires some cutting and welding on the wings. Jerre
  3. Tucker

Tucker Junior Member

I'm going to have the plow in parts tomorrow to get some welding on It and to fix one of the wings. Do you know where I could find the fix before I replace the cable?
  4. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

This is a rusty picture but it shows the cut out to provide cable clearance. You need to cut out both sides and weld in side plates and a bottom plate to the wing after cutting the clearance in the wings. SOME of the new speed wings have this and some do not. As of the time of AURORA ( DD ) purchasing Blizzard this change was being put in place however we've seen a lot of Post DD plows that still lack the factory change in the wings and replacement wings usually come without this change.

It completely solves the snapping problem.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  5. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

You speedwing guys, do the math. It'd be cheaper for ya to have Jerre fix it and be done, vs keep buying cable!
  6. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

Knock on wood but I have 3 busy seasons on my 860 sw. and no real troubles. I can't say the same for the 810 I had but I know I had a bad one. My sw is one of the last calumet made ones I don't know if that makes a difference. I have been warned and I am going to take a good look at the cables though :nod:

, shaun