1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

860SW to Power Plow what is needed

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Duramaxallison0, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Duramaxallison0

Duramaxallison0 Member

Currently have a 860SW want to switch to power plow, what do i need for switch? Im assuming the mounts are same. Both are pre DD. Do I just need wiring harness for power plow and controller ?

2. Duramaxallison0

Duramaxallison0 Member

Dont get me wrong btw I love me speedwing but for back dragging im just not fan having the wings. I know weight difference but its a deal that I cant pass up

3. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Misread. Yeah, with the wiring harness you should be good. Might not be worth it though.

4. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

You can buy aftermarket controllers cheap.

5. Duramaxallison0

Duramaxallison0 Member

Ill have to call up for wiring harness and see how much it is. I could get the plow for under 1k so only reason why im considering it.

6. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

All you need is the controller. Wiring is the same on all the 00 and up HD plows.

7. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

you would only need controller

8. Duramaxallison0

Duramaxallison0 Member

Sweet sounds like ill give universal plow controls a call and see how much one is. Anyone use one of theirs? Any good and idea on price?

9. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

they work great a little more than stock

10. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

OR build your own... that's what all mine are!

11. Duramaxallison0

Duramaxallison0 Member

How ya build your own? I can honestly say i hate and dont have patients for electrical. Ill do anything else with no issue but electrical i hate hate hate lol