1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8600sw for my first plow

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by sleeper1g, Jan 30, 2011.

1. sleeper1g

sleeper1g Junior Member

so i just started my property maintenance company 2 years ago and had been subbing out plow work making about 20/25% on the jobs. but after talking with my accountant (my dad, lol) figured it was worth the expense of getting a plow for myself....then he buys it for me!!

but it is my FIRST plow, never plowed before EVER.....but i work my ass off and learn fast luckily i have a few areas to practice...

any recommendations for this plow, upgrades i can do, where to get the dual wing springs ive heard about, larger hoses, etc....

anything to be careful about, extra parts i should get

any help is appreciated

and purchased it from WALLACE TRACTOR AND EQUIPMENT

Rick is a great guy helped me through it all and waited a week for me to make up my mind
    going next monday to have it installed...
    gonna just hang out while they do it, maybe i can put a few hours of work in for em, lol

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Call up Jerre at his shop in Erie PA. He knows more about blizzards then the engineers at Douglas Dynamics who design them. He will help you with any questions you may have and can help you with any upgrades you may want to do. Here is a link to his website and his phone number. Good Luck and throw up some pictures once you get it installed.

http://www.jerres.com/

3. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

I second that. A SpeedWing is a good first plow. You get the leading/trailing wing design for windrowing plus bucket blade without the complexity of a Power Plow.