1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8600 Speedwing Wing Trouble

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by MGKlee, Jan 21, 2014.

1. MGKlee

MGKlee Junior Member

New to the site. I'm having problems with my driver side wing on my 8600 speedwing. It seems as if it is loose or one of the pins is broke. I am trying to find information on how to remove the wing but cannot find much information on it. If any of you have any help that would be greatly appreciated.

2. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I am currently dealing with loose wings on my 8600 s.w. I never had a problem on my 860 but the new plow seems to be wearing more. We have 2 of them and one is worse than the other. I am waiting for new pins to show up along with a new compression spring. My cables are out of adjustment but that could be partly due to the bad spring. I was told that the pins do wear along with the plow piviot points as well. If your pin was broken I beleive your wing would be more than just loose. Search for the "alaskaboss" thread under blizzard plows section to see how to change the wing pins. I know my wings are not hitting the stops like they should but adjusting the cables will fix that. Once they are tight the wing cannot move around. Our second s.w. is a bit loose half way through the angle motion but at full angle or scoop mode its tight as can be.

3. MGKlee

MGKlee Junior Member

I did find a thread earlier by AlaskaBoss showing how his wing almost came unattached. We have about 6" here in Northern Kentucky and expecting more so I hope nothing happens on the next snow event as I don't have the time to fix it right now. It was tight until I hit a curb today pretty bad and noticed it moving around while driving down the road. I hope it stays together for me until I can get time to mess with it! Have you ever removed one of the wings before?

4. magnatrac

I have not removed a wing on a s.w. yet but it will happen soon when I get a break and tear into my plow. It shouldnt be any harder than an 810 and that's not to bad. You don't need to remove the wing to replace the wing pin though. Is your wing tight when the blade is in scoop position ?

5. MGKlee

MGKlee Junior Member

If your referring to scoop as the plow being straight, then no its loose at that point. It only tightens a little when you have it angled to the left or when that wing is angled out.

6. magnatrac

If you can angle your plow and drop the pin in to lock the wing straight the spring tension will be held off and you can then unhook the cable and pull the main pin that holds the wing. My wings are very loose and as soon as the new pins show up I plan to do just that. I just hope the pin locations in the wing are not to blown out.