1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

860 Speedwing Ph1-need help

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by bhmjwp, Sep 16, 2015.

1. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Stored plow & truck for 2 yrs. Pulled out this summer, plow just clicks at solenoid. What I have done-

Cleaned and greased all connections from the controller out, including all truck side and plow side.

Tested output at truck side, power & controller all good.

Tested same on plow side, all good including solenoids.

With up activated, ran jumper from pos batt to pos post on motor. Raised plow 2x, then would no longer raise.

I have ordered a new solenoid. I think its the motor that has frozen up, most likely corroded, from being stored.

Do you think my diagnoses is correct? Anything else to check?

What about a good source to order a motor? I show # 39200443 on the motor. I found a Blizzzard # B60434? Is that correct for the motor.

Thank you for any imput!
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

So you have power on the output side of the solenoid when your operating functions correct?
    Did you apply ground as well?
    If you remove the back cover of the motor, you can look inside and see if it's corroded, also that's the way to remove it.

Search a little in the blizzard section for your motor. It's a fenner stoner spx motor, really common on lift gates and such
  3. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Yes have power thru solenoid, all the way thru to motor. Yes, tried pos + neg jumpers hooked up. Will pull back side of motor to check.

Thanks for the motor info, saw several with the same motor#, just wanted to make sure they would bolt up.
  4. fireside

fireside Senior Member

pull off the motor make sure it spins free. very carefully pull off the end motor plate and check the brushes they may just be stuck. clean with electric motor cleaner and bench run it.
  5. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Thanks for the advice. I will do over the weekend and let you know how I come out.
  6. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Thank you for the assistance! Motor was rusted up beyond repair. Put new motor on, works like a champ. Took the opportunity to remove and clean pump and reservoir. Back in business.