1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

860 Speed Wing on 1999 K1500?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by bhmjwp, Nov 3, 2014.

1. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

I have 1 property I keep a lot truck on all winter. Currently have a 760 Speed Wing on it. I am thinking of selling the 760 and putting the 860 on the 99 lot truck. I know over weight,

This truck is in great shape, avg about 50 miles a year including trips to the gas station 1 block away.

I know guys that overload their front ends all the time, and run the highways-not that I agree, but happens all the time.

What do the Blizzard guys think?

2. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Done it. Truck could do an endo ... it was pretty cool. If you are using the PH1 860SW and not the new PH2 8600SW you will need to do a little fab work on the mount to make it work. Otherwise, go for it.

3. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Glad to hear it is working for you! How much fab work did you have to do? I have a Ph1-I thought the 1500/2500/3500 mounts were all the same.

Thanks for the input.

4. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

I believe it is the rear portion of the mount that needs to be modified, not the front where it goes through the tow hooks. Fairly easy.