1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8'6" xtreme v leveling

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by SharpBlades, Nov 19, 2010.

1. SharpBlades

SharpBlades Senior Member

When I hook up my xtreme v in my shop on a level floor, the blade won't sit level with the ground in vee or scoop mode.

In vee mode the center section is off the ground about .5":
    [​IMG]

when in full scoop position the drivers side is about .5" off the ground and the passenger side is about .25" off the ground.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Is this something that is going to get fixed just by the blade getting used, or should I change where the bolt is on the T frame? When I took the measurements, I had about 600 pounds of ballast.

Right now the bolt is in the center hole.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  2. SharpBlades

so nobody can tell me if I should level te plow?

3. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Level it. Have you changed the truck height at all? if so make sure the t-bar is attached to the tower in the right holes for the height of your truck side mount.

I'd say you have to go to the bottom hole. doesn;t take long to level, and you'll know once you losen the front bolts, and pull the back, it will move right away if it's off level

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Relax captain, it's daytime and you haven't had many views.

You definitely need to level the plow. It's not going to plow well at all like that, and get worse as the cutting edge wears.

Tow ways to level the plow. You can move the back of the push bar to a different hole to make a rough adjustment, and use the four heavy bolts at the back of the T-frame to make fine adjustments.

You will likely find that the four bolts will not stay tight. Get yourself the correct wrench and 3/4 drive socket to tighten them. I had the best luck when I double nutted them, used a ny-lock nut for the outer.

5. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Just use the nylon nuts, and put them to 250 ft-lb like fisher recommends, and they won't move. Never had a problem. Even regular nuts with lock washers works to the point we have to heat them to get them off when the blade needs to be leveled again.

6. SharpBlades

ok. Thanks guys. I guess I'm just impatient :)

7. SharpBlades

I went ahead and leveled the plow. and for the most part the plow is level. in V position everything is fine, but when I go into scoop the drivers side wing is still not on the ground.

Any way to fix this besides use, or will use make this worse?

8. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

With the blade in scoop on the ground(attached to the truck)is the T Frame level front to back,just the T Frame,not the push frame behind it

9. SharpBlades

I will have to check tomorrow when I'm at the shop. What should I do if it isn't level? Also I will be adding timbrens once they come in. Will they make a difference?

10. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The timbrens wont make much, if any at all, difference when the plow is on the ground.

Was the truck on nice flat and level ground when the drivers side wing wouldn't touch?

11. SharpBlades

yes. It was inside my shop on a concrete floor. That is why I'm confused as to why that wing is off the ground but the plow is level in V mode :confused:

12. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

If you loosen the four big bolts connecting the T-frame to the push beam, will it lay flat?

13. SharpBlades

I will check tomorrow when I'm at the shop.

14. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

If it doesn't, something is bent. Something might be bent anyway. I would check the center pin to start. It's a good idea to pull it out so you can liberally coat it with EP grease.

15. SharpBlades

I leveled the plow again, and it is all good now. Thanks!