1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8'6" Western uni-mount pro - $1k

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by WilliamOak, Feb 21, 2010.

1. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

I bought this off another member on here earlier this week for a buddy and he was supposed to have the $ ready and didnt. So I'm not gonna dick around with him, it's also up on craigs list right now but heres the deal: it isnt perfect, One light has a broken housing and on the other light the bolt is broken. Both lights still function 100%. It also has no jack and is sitting on 2x4's right now. The holes in the moldboard are from pro wings that were mounted/used by the previous owne. I was going to fix it all up and sell it so that is where the $1k comes in. BUT if you take it off my hands before this upcoming weekend I'll let it go for $800 as is.
    PM me for a phone #.

Attached Files:

2. Dayshot

Dayshot Junior Member

ya didnt own this one very long! sorry to hear your buddy backed out. it'll sell its a great working plow. i've been plowing with it for 3 seasons till the last storm. good luck

3. WilliamOak

Tell me about it... He wants me to hold on to it but thats too bad. I guess its what you get for being a nice guy! Bump somebody has to need a plow for this storm!

4. WilliamOak

monday afternoon BUMP

5. Dayshot

Dayshot Junior Member

dont forget the oils been changed, it was flushed and re filled with low temp plow oil just last week, aside from lites its ready to roll.

6. NWI Fleet

NWI Fleet Junior Member

hi, i'm really interested in this plow. hows the pivot and are you able to load into a truck bed? I can't P.M.
    -Jason

7. WilliamOak

Plow pivots fine and normal. I do not have any machines where the plow is to load it but with 3 or 4 guys I'd imagine it wouldn't be so bad.

8. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Colin-
    How many ribs are bent?
    Any idea how?

9. WilliamOak

I believe its just the 2 shown in the pics. As far as the bent ribs....
    The member I bough it from (dayshot) bought it off R.A. Adams because it was involved in an accident (township truck) and insurance paid for a brand new plow. Those ribs are bent from the accident NOT abusive plowing. Doesnt affect the performance of the plow at all and the ribs arent cracked either.

10. Dayshot

Dayshot Junior Member

The pivot bolt was new 3 seasons ago, Adams had the blade off the "A" frame when i bought it. the hole didnt show any bad wear, we replaced with a new hardened bolt. I"m pretty good about keeping my pivot bolt tight as i hate dancing plows!. hope that helps NWI Fleet. Jason

11. Dayshot

Dayshot Junior Member

hey Colin, something to think about, throw a 100.00 set a lites on it and its a 1500.00 plow! thats what i should've done. LOL

12. WilliamOak

lol, IF it doesnt sell by this coming weekend there will be new lights on it.

13. WilliamOak

Pending sale....

14. WilliamOak

SOLD thanks Jason! (nwi fleet!)