1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8'6" Western too big for my 03 2500hd chevy?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by BigT, Dec 20, 2007.

1. BigT

BigT Junior Member
    from stl

I just bought a 8'6" Western pro plow. I am wanting to put it on my 03 Chevy 2500hd Duramax. I plan on using it for the rest of the season, and then getting a new one.

Will my truck be ok? Or is the plow to big?
  2. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

It will be fine. That's actually an appropriate size plow for that truck.

A new truck or a new plow? Both should last you a long time
  3. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

it will be fine i wouldnt go any smaller. i would be more along the lines of a 9'
  4. gcsupraman

gcsupraman Senior Member

I haven't broken anything yet.....
  5. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Heck no man. I know a guy that running a 9'2" v on a Crew Cab D-Max
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2007

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

There is a guy on here with a 02 i think it is that has the same set up are talking about. Hasn't had a problem yet. I can't remember his name tho.
  7. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

ok here is the the thing why? why put the extra wear and tear on your truck its not just an"etra 6 inches or 30 extra pounds your gonna have to pus a **** load more snow with that plow i wouldnt push it 8 ft and be done
  8. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Its all about the time and profit.
  9. BigT

BigT Junior Member
    from stl

I am going to be working by the hour, so it really dosnt make me much difference onwhat size blade I have. I just got a good deal on the used plow, and I want to use it this season.
  10. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

I honestly dont notice 2 much diffrence between my 8ft blades or my 3500 dump with 8.5
  11. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I'm going to put either a Boss 9.0 straight or 8'2" V on my '05 Duramax Ext.Cab. Load up with ballast, throw on timbrens, crank the t-bars, and plow. I really dont want to put alot of weight on this truck but it is my personal truck so it wont be a truck used on the regular route, just an extra. And when its done snowing, it's off the truck. :waving:
  12. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

I'm not actually happy anymore with 9'2", i'm adding Boss Wings next month. If you don't abuse your truck and keep up with the storm, theres not much more wear and tear.