1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8'6 Western MVP V Plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by kuhndogg, Mar 29, 2009.

1. kuhndogg

kuhndogg Junior Member

I am selling a 8'6 Western MVP V Plow that is 4 years old. Used two seasons and has sitting on the other two. Everything works great. Comes complete with mount for a 2000 chevy 2500, New controller and wiring. The plow must go. Have new Hiniker C Plow Waiting to be mounted. 2600 obo. 262-224-1310

Jim 1.jpg

Jim 2.jpg

Jim 3.jpg

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

No offense but it's not possible that your plow is 4 years old. They quit making them 6 years ago. I have a heavily abused 6 year old plow that is way cleaner. How badly bent is that wing?

Plus you posted this in another thread:

"I have a 8'6 Western V plow on a 2000 Chevy. Plow is only 3 years old. Good shape. Comes complete with everything. Asking 2600.00. PM me"

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  3. NootDogg

NootDogg Senior Member
    from WI

Hey H2O, Let see your plow??? You talk so smart.

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Which one, I have about 10 Unimounts. And it's not talking smart, the 50th anniversary for Western was the 02-03 season, that's a fact. It was the LAST year for the Unimount. Therefore, in order to be 6 years old, it would have an anniversary sticker; which it may, the pics don't show that side. All I was trying to say is be honest when certain things are obvious to avid Western enthusiasts. Also at lease be consistant. Which is it, 3 or 4 years old? Answer.....neither.

I'll post as many pics of my stuff if you'd like, but another for sale thread isn't the place IMHO. All I was saying about mine is that for a 50th, and one that's abused, it shows less signs of wear so something isn't adding up. My trucks were out pushing 32 times this year, I wore through a set of cutting edges on the plow in question, it was never once washed all year, and it's nicer.

To the original poster, the plow isn't bad and neither is the price. You may have to sit on it till fall though. I'd make an offer if it really must go, but I don't want to offend, as apparantly I've already done.

5. kuhndogg

kuhndogg Junior Member

I'm selling it for my sub contractor and he told me what to put down. He just bought it 5 months ago. As for the wing being dented...there not. Hello its used. The guy he bought it from told him that. He has no paper work on the plow. All i know is that the plow works good and makes money wheather its 4 or 6 years old.

6. NootDogg

NootDogg Senior Member
    from WI

I would like to see a plow that hasn't been washed all year. Then I will show you a plow that is washed after EVERY use. As for 32 times out, thats nothing. And cutting edges, we have a BRAND NEW Sno-way and we went through 4 cutting edges. And you are right on the 50th ann. sticker. But, How do you know he isn't selling the plow for a friend and he just put on what his friend said to put on??? I guess only he knows.

7. kuhndogg

kuhndogg Junior Member

Make me an offer on the plow. It has to go.

8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

First off, 32 times pushing, not out, & not including repeat visits. And why would I lie about not washing my plows? I really didn't all year, aside from rain and slush. I normally do, but didn't this year. They were out too much to care. They stay outside, I don't have a shop and it was too cold most of the season. I still haven't to this day.

4 sets of edges on 1 plow? WOW, that doesn't sound exagerated. Think down pressure had anything to do with that?

And I know I'm right or I wouldn't have said it. I didn't post to bash the sale, but to correct the misleading info. Claim it's 2 seasons old all you want, but I don't even think an unsuspecting buyer would believe that.

I'd guess the plow for sale to be about 8-10 years old. Nothing wrong with that. I have one older than that and it works great and makes a lot of $$.

Here's my 6 year old plow, that sits outside 12 months a year and has since new:

I'll post pics of everyone if you really feel like wasting my time.

IMG_3778.jpg

9. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Please accept my apologies. My intentions were not to start a war, just clear things up. I never accused anyone of anything, just figured you didn't want to misrepresent the plow, especially now that I know it's not even yours. No need for others to jump in and get defensive over nothing. Feel free to have the mods delete all of my posts......

Best I can do is $1,500 or so cashola and will pick it up this week. The ONLY reason is b/c I'd have to sit on it so long. In about 6 months or so, my offer would change for the better.

10. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

How many hours of plowing does it take to run through 4 cutting edges? I'll call BS on that one unless your plowing roads for hours on end.