1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

86 W150 shortbox regular cab value

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Chiputz, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Chiputz

Chiputz Senior Member

Hi Everyone, I'm looking at a 1986 W150 in decent shape to put my plow on for my personal use as my 89 chevy broke in half...lol

The truck needs a new clutch and has very minor surface rust on the door bottoms, but no rust on the floor pans and rockers. It has a rebuilt 318 with an edelbrock intake and carb, 4 speed with granny gear. It has never had a plow on it and has 86000 original miles. It's a regular cab shortbox. The owner wants $1000 for it. I have to go 3 hours away to even look at it in person. What do you all think? Should I jump on it?

2. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

thats about what they go for, depending how much rust it has changing a clutch could be a nightmare with broken /rounded bolts.

3. Murphy4570

Murphy4570 Member

That's a good price for that truck.

I paid $500 for an '87 W100 with a supposedly blown up transmission back in August, for example.

They make GREAT plow trucks, IMO.