1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8'6'' Superduty XT

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by hemipower5.7, Nov 1, 2009.

1. hemipower5.7

hemipower5.7 Member

Anyone using the Superduty XT I may end up going with the Xt for at least i like the thick wear blade as well as the extra two inches. I was wondering if its worth it over the normal superduty.

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Rethinking the Fisher? Are you abondoning the Vee now?

3. hemipower5.7

hemipower5.7 Member

haha yeah i really am having a hard time deciding. im thinking of doing the straight blade for the first year and see how it goes i do not have alot of jobs and with the boss hookup i dont have to do very much to switch to a vee. i have not heard anything good about the fisher cutting edges and i it sounds like the new XT straight blade has alot life on it. i saw a few pics of the straigh blade 8'6'' XT with wings and it lookes like it would carry alot of snow. that is looking like that is probable going to be my selection for the winter. The boss dealer is also a snow ex dealer and they are offering a $500 off if i buy the plow and a sander together.

4. stackmaster

stackmaster Senior Member

Why not just add wings to a Boss so you don't have to redo the truck mount??:D

5. hemipower5.7

hemipower5.7 Member

ya dont have to redo the truck mount all you have to do with a boss is change the controller. the wiring hookups are all the same so its easy to hookup i could use one one day and another the next

6. stackmaster

stackmaster Senior Member

Thats what I meant. Sorry, I thought you were thinking of changing to fisher.