1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

86 F150 to a 90 Bronco frame

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by GSORK, Dec 2, 2004.

1. GSORK

GSORK Senior Member

Can I swap the frame from an 86 F150 to a 90 Ford Bronco. :help:
    Thanks Gary

2. tuna

tuna Senior Member

Bronco wheelbase is alot shorter.

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

gary, you shouldnt have a problem switching over to the bronco. The frames at the front of the trucks were the same for the Bronco,F-150 4x4, F-250/350 4x4 and 2wd from 1980 - 1991.

4. GSORK

GSORK Senior Member

SORRY ,i ment plow frame

5. tuna

tuna Senior Member

OOPS,yeah they shoud be compatable.

6. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

As I don't know when the mount was built and what brand plow it's hard to give you an exact answer.
    But if it is like a Western conventional mount that was installed in 1986 then "no" it will not change over do to the change in the front section of the frame and the way the bumper mounts.
    If was installed in lets say 1989 or so then you should be okay as long as it was one of the later year mounts.
    Hope this helps you out some what.
    I just went thru this with a mount that a customer wanted to have installed on a later year Bronco
    :rolleyes: John.....................

7. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

John, checked the western book 3 times and if the info he gave is right, that mount will fit. Western list says that from 1980-1991 the bronco,F-150 4x4,F-250/350 4x4 and 2wd and superduty all use the same mount.