1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

86' F-700 w/ HiWay Sander

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by CaptainsLS, Oct 31, 2007.

1. CaptainsLS

CaptainsLS Junior Member

I don't know much about this truck. I bought it for 10k in April of this year, and did not get my sanding accounts from last year. It has a 370 gas motor, 5 speed with the split rear end=10 speeds, recent work was new carb, king pins, brakes, and fuel pump. The truck is under CDL and the dump body works great. The sander has controls in the cab, and takes 5+ yards. I need a smaller sander for my 1 ton dump. I would consider a trade for a newer 2yd sander or $4000 cash. If it matters the truck is green.

2. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

hows about some pics???

3. CaptainsLS

CaptainsLS Junior Member

i tried, but its dark out here

f700.jpg

4. CaptainsLS

CaptainsLS Junior Member

bump.......

5. midwestsnowguy

midwestsnowguy Member
    from midwest

im outta michigan, i have a stainless salter for a one ton. with controls, and it was set up for live hyrdo's i would include pump but im dure youd need a bracket....drop me a line if interested

6. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

I may be interested in the truck. Send a pm with more info.

7. CaptainsLS

CaptainsLS Junior Member

I cant PM yet, I think I dont have enough posts! I wish they counted Lawnsite posts. Call me if you want 1-781-724-0922 or email: chris@captainslandscape.com

8. CaptainsLS

CaptainsLS Junior Member

More Picts

I have the tail gate with mason chutes as well....

moster2.jpg

moster3.jpg

9. jeff45

jeff45 Junior Member

plow blade?

10. CaptainsLS

CaptainsLS Junior Member

It does not have a plow, and never did have one, I liked that about the truck. I was planning on buying a old one from the DPW since they run the same trucks. This is a lot of truck for $4000. New carburetor, brakes all around, king pins, fuel pump, fuel tank straps, battery, all done with in the last 5 months. I think I just listed 5K in work that was done. The sander shows use but is very solid. We fired it up today for the first time. The conveyor works fine, but we couldn't get the spinner to work. There is a small pump for it that needs replacement ($90?), the shaft spins, all hydro hoses are good, central hydraulic system is strong. We used the truck for landscaping this season and the dump works great.

I was planning on keeping this truck in a large parking lot, but I didn't get the account from last year. Now I have a truck thats too big for my smaller accounts and need to purchase a sander for a 1 ton. I'm open to even trades for a newer sander for a 1 ton.

11. CaptainsLS

CaptainsLS Junior Member

bump........

12. CaptainsLS

CaptainsLS Junior Member

I forgot to mention the truck received a new crate motor at 110,000 miles, it has 130k now. Its going to ebay, call me if anyone wants it. 781-724-0922

13. kfd210

kfd210 Junior Member

looks like a deal

14. CaptainsLS

CaptainsLS Junior Member

No kidding! $3000, Cant go any lower. Its on ebay and craigs list. If anyone is interested, call me.

15. sammy8

sammy8 Junior Member

Hi, left you a message last night. Live close by and very interested in looking at the truck. Give me a call when you can. Thanks.

Joe
    617-212-7683

16. PerfectProperty

PerfectProperty Member

interested in selling just the spreader?