1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8'6'' Extreme V SS or the 8'6'' X Blade SS

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by hemipower5.7, Oct 29, 2009.

1. hemipower5.7

hemipower5.7 Member

i dont know if i should get the extreme v ss or the X blade ss 8'6'' for both i just cant decide...

2. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

Seems like a simple question to me. Would a vee plow be a benefit for the type of plowing you do? If so, get it.

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

No brainer. Get the XV. Plus Fisher makes direct fit wings for the XV, not the X

4. hemipower5.7

hemipower5.7 Member

most of my plowing is driveways but i have a few large parking lots where i think a v would be better. i have looked for the wings they dont show them on the site.

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

6. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

I'd be careful with the "Xtreme V" it is far from extreme. I have had nothing but problems with mine for the 3 years I ahve owned it, Fisher will not step up and take care of it. Been to 2 different dealers with it and neither could get anywhere with Fisher. Alot of guys in this area have had the same issues with Fisher.

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I have had issues, but the dealer has been fantastic.

8. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

We are on the third or fourth season of our 8.5 xv with no problems other then a broken o-ring. Which was replaced and never stopped it from working. Picked up a 7.5 this year. It's like many things people have bad experiences, others have great. So far we have had great.

9. LB Landscaping

from Maine

One dealer was terrible one was great. They both said they couldnt do much as it was Fisher that needed to step up to the plate.

10. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I get that sometimes too. When I tell them to give me the name and number of who I need to talk to in Rockland the tune changes.

11. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Just buy both of the blades. Whats 10 grand? :laughing:

12. LB Landscaping

from Maine

Well I'm back on board with the Xtreme V. Douglas Dynamics came through and my plow is sweet. Any issues I was having I think will be a thing of the past. Many great updates on this plow.:salute:

13. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

What were the "updates". The only change I have heard of is the hardened pin. I have not been told that anything else is different.

14. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

So with the X-V 8.5 you can get fisher extention wings and the Xblade 8.0 fisher do not?

15. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You are correct.

16. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

Also if I get a ss x-v installed today will it have the updates done on that blade.

17. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You definitely want the silver pin stamped BM HT.

Other than that, there were no other "updates" that I am aware of.

18. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

thanks much

19. BK Hammer

BK Hammer Member

I put the extension wings on my 8.5 X-V. I was a bit of a chore to get them to fit. Did not like to poly edge because it does not trip and I tore one off on a small obstacle. Replaced the poly with more flexible rubber. Love them now and they are always attached. Plus they make me 10'4" wide.

20. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Where can I purchase this new pin? I don't have a dealer within 200 miles so I have to purchase online. I can't find any place that denotes this new pin.