1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

86 Chevy Temp sender wire

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Northland, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Northland

Northland Senior Member

Wondering if anyone can help me on this one. Maybe run out and trace it back on their pickup. The temp sender wire on my 86 Chevy k20is gone. Someone who had the pickup before me clipped it. I need to know what color the wire is cominng out of the main harness (through the firewall.) Also if you could happen to get a pic of it as well. I am assuming this wire comes through the main harness by the fuse block. If I am wrong can someone correct me.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The wire your looking for does in fact come out of the firewall bulkhead connector. Look for a single dark green wire about 16 gauge in size. After you find the wire you can double check it to be sure it's the right one by grounding the wire with the key on and watching the temp gauge. With the wire grounded the gauge should go to the extreme left side of the scale on the gauge.

3. Northland

Northland Senior Member

Cool thanks....

4. fast68

fast68 Junior Member

and your a/c compressor wire is also dk green so dont confuse it with your temp one

the dk green oen for the a/c is together with a black one in the same connector end

the temp one is single by itself

good luck

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

True, as he didn't mention if the truck had a/c or not but the a/c wire doesn't come through the bulkhead connector anyway plus the a/c wire is a heavier gauge wire so hopefully he wont confuse it with the temp wire.:)

6. Northland

Northland Senior Member

Found it right away... Was snipped and got pulled back into the wire wrap. Thanks again for the help!