1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8'6" Boss straight blade

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by dodgeboy06, Aug 12, 2011.

1. dodgeboy06

dodgeboy06 Member

Hello,
    I have a Boss 8'6" for sale. I also have (dont yell at me LOL) a set of Buyers wings that go along with it. I am looking for $1000.00 for everything. This is only for the plow side.
    I am having trouble getting pics to upload so PM me for them.

2. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

RT2 or RT3?

3. dodgeboy06

dodgeboy06 Member

Sorry, should have said it is RT3, the plow is about 12 or 15 years old...I'm guessing at that as I have only had it for 2 seasons. I am only selling due to having found a 9 foot for my truck.

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Email me the pics and I will upload them. Put boss plow pics or something in the subject line.

Ghtfdff1020@hotmail.com

5. dodgeboy06

dodgeboy06 Member

RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Email sent, thanks in advance for your time to post them.

6. RedArrow

RedArrow Member

Hey Dodgeboy06,

I haven't seen any pics or any thing yet, but why don't you seperate the wings and plow and sell individually? There are no used wings anywhere for snow doggs, and you could probably get a better price for them individually. I only say that because I just had to buy new wings for my mine and as you know, thy're not cheap.

7. dodgeboy06

dodgeboy06 Member

RedArrow
    Thanks for the suggestion, I would be willing to entertain offers.

8. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Got the pics. I will post pics tonight. I've just been super busy today.

9. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Pics are here.

dons plow2.JPG

dons plow3.JPG

dons plow4.JPG

dons plow.JPG

10. dodgeboy06

dodgeboy06 Member

RBROKEMA GHTFD,

Thanks again for taking the time to post the pics for me......

11. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Anytime Don.

12. dodgeboy06

dodgeboy06 Member

Figured it was about time to bump this up to the top.

13. 1969 Hemi RTs

1969 Hemi RTs Junior Member

where are you at?

14. dodgeboy06

dodgeboy06 Member

I am in the northern suburbs of Milwaukee

15. pitbull3825

pitbull3825 Junior Member

No takers yet?

16. Cover Guy

Cover Guy Senior Member

Does everything work alright on the plow is it rusted through any were

17. dodgeboy06

dodgeboy06 Member

The plow is still availible. The mouldboard is still pretty solid, Everything works as is should with the exception of the 'power' on/off feature. I beleive that is is just the switch but I have not bothered to fix it, it has been that way since I bought the plow. I have just pushed the headgear up to put the plow on and take it off.

18. pitbull3825

pitbull3825 Junior Member

Ok I have an extremely stupid question. I have a F350 with a RT1 mount anyone know if it can be modified to work here? I'm very close to you and need a blade for this season. Oh and it's a RT1 V set up.

19. dodgeboy06

dodgeboy06 Member

I am not aware of a way to make a RT1 work with anything other than an RT1 set up. If anyone has any thoughts on this I would be interested in learning about it and I am sure that pitbull would also like to hear. As far as your situation pitbull not sure if it is an option but you might be better off to see if you can get a newer (used) undercarriage for your truck to allow the 'newer' RTs to fit your truck as RT1 is getting rather hard to come by from what I understand. I am not 100% sure but I THINK that the wiring would still be the same as I know the current wiring is the same for the straight and vee blades but I am not that well versed in the RT1 systems. Good luck in your search pitbull.