1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8500 Spinner Operation Question

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by SnowMatt13, Dec 29, 2011.

1. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

According to the control..it's on and working. Digital numbers on the screen and you can adjust them.
    But, nothing is happening. Any ideas?

2. highhog1

highhog1 Senior Member

Does the spinner move freely by hand?

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

its got to be something mechanical. coupling, trans, the motor is spinning so the controller "thinks" its working fine. so its got to be mechanical.

4. shaunnshelly

shaunnshelly Senior Member

Had the same problem with my 8500. Cleaned the connectors and repacked with dielectric grease and works fine

5. SnowMatt13

Spinner moves freely.
    Funny you mention the plug, just replaced 2 terminals that control the spinner....I wonder if the guy I had do it switched the two......

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

did you try and hot wire the spinner?? see if it works by jumping it

7. highhog1

highhog1 Senior Member

My plug was replaced too but they crossed the wires on me. I was able to work it out with my electrical tester. Snowex website has all the manuals and troubleshooting guides, it was very helpful to me. Just fyi. Good luck

8. SnowMatt13

I just printed them all off.
    Hoping that it is something that simple.