1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8500 snow ex in a short box w/pics

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by DAFFMOBILEWASH, Nov 7, 2009.

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Seems to hang off the back a little bit, but still has six inches of room to move up. When all is said and done looks like the unit will only sit 3" or so further back than in a long box. Could go with the 7550 but need the extra capacity. Didn't have time to remove the tailgate tho.:D

Attached Files:

• 035.bmp
      File size:
      900.1 KB
    • 032.bmp
      File size:
      900.1 KB
    • 033.bmp
      File size:
      900.1 KB
  2. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Can you say OVER WEIGHT?!?!?

But if it works...do it!

I have ran 2 yards in all of my 3/4 ton trucks and never thought much about the over weight thing. This was in a gas stainless V salter tho. Perhaps this might be on the heavy side at 2.5 yds although it rarely see it if ever. It is nice to know that the salt won't be falling out of the salter and you have the extra capacity if needed. I have been told the 8500 is a better built salter than the 7550, taking much of its mechanicial parts from its bigger brothers. I don't think many plow trucks with full salters are within weight capacities.
  4. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

I think we all do things a little different up here in Canada... Nearly every 3/4 ton truck has a 2 yard salter iin it... Most 1 tons are rocking a 4-4.5 yard salter... It just a natural thing when everyone does it.....
  5. hairygary

hairygary Senior Member

Like the salter, but that is the most ghettofied plow truck I have ever seen. Those are the most low profile tires I have seen for something that will carry a ton of salt.
  6. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

atleast he doesnt have to worry bout blowing a side wall out, and he prolly puts stock rims and tires on in the winter!

Actually these tires are tougher and ride better than anyone thinks!! Keep in mind they have no side wall flex and when pulling a 5th wheel trailer they perform simular to a dually. Plan on using lots of Fluid Film on the rims to prevent pitting!!!! LOL Just joking these are for the summer only!!!! Stay tuned going to snap a few pics with the blade on tomorow!!