1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

85 w150/250 plow truck

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by ajcoop20, Jan 10, 2014.

1. ajcoop20

ajcoop20 Senior Member

Just picked up this rust free 1 owner truck. Bottom has been totally por15'd dana 44 front, chrysler 9.25 rear. Has 3/4 ton springs front and rear. ST7.5 blade, Belt driven hydro system. 318 2bbl, 727 torqueflite. I spent 3K on the truck might be a little more than I should have, but its got all new front end, new brakes and lines, new tires, and i think its just a cool old truck. I drove it 100miles home Im thinking ill get an e57 pump for more speed next year for it, but the darn thing is about as reliable as the day is long starting right up in -20 weather.

2. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

I'm a Ford guy thru and thru, but I know "good" when I see it. And the 318 is about as indestructible as it gets.
  3. ajcoop20

ajcoop20 Senior Member

Thanks saw, its a pretty solid old truck. I had to replace a few bushings on the windshield wiper linkage and put a new cutting edge on it, but other than that, its pretty good. I do need to put the new exhaust pipe and muffler on it
  4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

NiceThumbs UpThumbs Up

I have a 74W200 with, that had the same set up.
    I went with a western power-unit.
    I just removed the lift ram and it fit right in place.
    I'm sure a Meyer unit would work also.

It does get old if your busy always reaching down for the nobs
  5. ajcoop20

ajcoop20 Senior Member

mines actually been retrofitted with a western tstick cable control. Ive thought about getting a western cable set up. Could you post pictures of your set up with the western on it, as well as your controller?? it would help me visualize what all im looking at.
  6. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Nice Brick, man ! You got a great deal at $3k for that setup.

I keep those bushings in my truck all the time, as the one under the air intake cowl goes bad from sun exposure all the time. The last one I put in, I sprayed it with silver paint to protect it from the ultraviolet rays. Should last longer now.

I have a western, but not a cable style controller. I have the isarmatic electric motor setup, and it's super reliable. The cable controllers from western are reliable as well, but the electric's don't wear out or freeze up like the cables do, so I'm happy with what I got. They're cheap, and plentiful to be found.

What specific pix are you looking for ?

7. ajcoop20

ajcoop20 Senior Member

mine has a meyer frame, so i was looking for a picture from him that would show a picture of a western power unit in a meyer frame. I believe it would work with very little modification (western might have a big bolt size)
  8. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

It looks a lot like Dogplow Dodge's set up.
    I use the hand held joy stick also.
    (that sounds wrong... lol )
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict