1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

"85" truck parts ????

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Dewey, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Dewey

Dewey Senior Member

My father has a "85" Chevy One ton Duelly he uses on the Farm. It is a sweet older truck. He needs the backing plate for the rear breaks ( i think that is what it's called) He has called the dealer but they say it's obsolete... We are looking at junkyards, but I know there is a wealth of info on here and I am sure there is someone that knows where to find older truck parts.... THANKS !!!
  2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I have my complete axle from my 88 V30 that you can have for the reduced price of $200. PM if interested.
  3. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

check LMC Truck
  4. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

There is a salvage yard in Woodstock New Brunswick across the boarder from Houlton called Sharpe's Salvage, they have everything. There was a 73-87 C/K 30 dually in the yard last fall. It's probably still there. I do remember this truck for sure but I think they had a couple of other one's as well.

5. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

See if your yard has a nation wide look up. I know a lot of them do. And that was a very common truck. The only thing is the rust finding one in good shape