1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

85' long driveway with turnaround. how much?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by NHplwguy77, Dec 6, 2009.

1. NHplwguy77

NHplwguy77 Member

I gave a guy a quote today for a 85-90' long driveway with a 2 car turnaround. Gave him a price of $35.00 per push. Will i get a call back saying i got the job or am i really to high??:confused:

Thanks Guys.

2. Joesno

Joesno Senior Member

id say way low.

ive got a drive just like that and im at 50.00 a push.

3. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

dont worry u got the job!

4. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

Thats pretty low if you ask me. Id charge 50 per push

5. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

I agree with the above replies. 50 would be reasonable

6. M&M

M&M Senior Member

I have had people question a $35 price and I also have had people very happy with a $50 price. Very similar driveways. You have to feel out your potential clients and try not to leave anything on the table.

7. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

Wouldn't even drop the plow on that for $35 atleast $50

8. zzzman

zzzman Member

wow i need to live where u guys live. i do a drive about 80' long with one main entrance and a one push blade width wide second entrance with a 20;x20' side parking spot. takes 15min and i only charge 20 bucks. at $25.00 i would of not got the job and they are good friends. which i know are the worst people do plow for

9. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

it just depends on the area. around here an average in town driveway around 40 to 50ft. long
    prices start at around the $35 range for the big snow removal companies. the longer the drive the more it costs. i have 1 truck and 1 driver designated for residential drives. he helps on the early morning commercial stuff then around 8 or so he's off doing residentials. works good and during storms he stays busy and makes good $$ i do it for just under what the "big guys" charge so i stay real busy. i'm not a cut throat just smart.

10. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

it just depends on the area. around here an average in town driveway around 40 to 50ft. long
    prices start at around the $35 range for the big snow removal companies. the longer the drive the more it costs. i have 1 truck and 1 driver designated for residential drives. he helps on the early morning commercial stuff then around 8 or so he's off doing residentials. works good and during storms he stays busy and makes good $$ i do it for just under what the "big guys" charge so i stay real busy. i'm not a cut throat just smart.http://www.plowsite.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

11. ctmower

ctmower Member
    from CT

My prices are usually $30 for small driveways, $35 for medium, and $45 for long ones. Obviously everyones idea of those three sizes will be different.. I usually feel out the customer and try and figure what i can get it for.. Sidewalks are usually a extra $20. Ive been averaging about $130 per hour with what I've been charging my customers and how much time it takes me to complete my route!

12. Snowpusher78

Snowpusher78 Junior Member

Sounds like u have the job, In IL where i am at i get $25 a drive roughly 2 cars wide and 2 cars deep, so that price for that drive sounds good.

13. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

my minumim for drives $30 i dont get out of bed for less then that that drive is $50 easy im in salisbury ma

14. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

if the trigger is 4" you shot your self, if the trigger is .5" you good, but id go 55

15. SDeVoe

SDeVoe Junior Member

I don't know where you are, but in PA, just west of Coatesville, I would charge $45 up tp 6 inches, with a 2" trigger. All bets are off over 6", I will tell you what it will be when I get there.

16. palmtree907

palmtree907 Member

Sounds like a $50 per push job to me.

17. larold83

larold83 Senior Member

thats a 25 buck one 50 bucks a push around here will put ya out of business i picked up two that way they charged 50 i came in at 25 and got the job

18. overtime

overtime Senior Member

Would say 50 or 60. Around here what I would charge. Think you got the job.

19. yamahartx

yamahartx Junior Member
    from Iowa

Had 2 guys give me estimates of $25/ea plow on a 650' lane and a 36'x30' parking spot. All driving 10 miles to get to me and have no other jobs close by.

I think that is low. But I am too picky to hire it, so I bought my own plow!

20. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 Senior Member
    from wooster

ya id say $45-55 per push under 6inchs