1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

85 dually frame broke

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by mountaindew5011, Nov 5, 2010.

1. mountaindew5011

mountaindew5011 Member

well i just fixed all the springs and what not............... and loaded it with gravel and the frame snap clean in two im done with chevy going with the bronco for the full time commercial plower any 1?????????????/
  2. Shawn S

Shawn S Junior Member

How much gravel?
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Probably no more than three or four yards.
  4. mountaindew5011

mountaindew5011 Member

3 and a half yards and over a set of bumps i guess did her in.
  5. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Senior Member

3.5 yards X 1.5 tons/yard= 5.25 tons= 10,500 lbs. of gravel. I can see why it broke :dizzy:

6. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Good news is.... you can change your name to Bronco buster if you blame the make.:dizzy:
  7. Reliable Snow and Ice

Reliable Snow and Ice Senior Member

well a one ton truck in some guy's mind means it's a ton right??? yeah it is 5 ton.....

ah i have a 1 ton it will handle it it if fit's in the bed then it can hold it.......:laughing::laughing:wesport
  8. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

only a 25 year old gig, should be just fine! Everything was better built back in the days!
  9. mountaindew5011

mountaindew5011 Member

yea its repairable guess the weld shop is gona plate it more labor to remove everything than the actual repair