1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

85 dodge w150

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by zak406, Jan 10, 2011.

1. zak406

zak406 Junior Member

Hey guys I dont come on here much, but I am looking for a plow for my truck perferibly used. Can this truck handle a plow without any upgrades? If not what kind of upgrades are we looking at? Im just looking for a truck to do driveways and maybe teh occasional small lot. Any info would be appreciated! I poosted a picture of the truck in question

DSC00437.jpg

2. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Sure plow away. Shouldnt need to do anything depending on how big of blade you use. Maybe heavier front leaf springs :confused:

3. wva

wva Member

hi i have a 79 i run stp 7'6 meyer with no upgrade needed plows like a beast

4. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

dont but a huge plow on it and you should be good to go good luck

5. fordsuvparts

fordsuvparts Senior Member

dodge plow

Hell yes it can, they are great plow trucks, I just put a much heavier shock in the front.

mtm trucks 2011 snow 001 small.jpg

6. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

My dad had a 87 short bed with a fisher 7'6" on it with a 4 lift it plowed great just carb problems

7. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

Yeah really cant go heavier than 7.6ft. Only issue will be finding the frame mount.

And I had a 87w150 with a 318 what a great plow truck

8. Big Boss Man

Big Boss Man Junior Member
    from midwest

8'2 v-xt , and the mount, is nla from boss 008.jpg

008.jpg

9. randomb0b123

from america

nice truck big boss!!!!

10. Big Boss Man

from midwest

Thank you!Thumbs Up

11. randomb0b123

from america

i like the grilles from those years better i wanted to switch mine but the headlights are placed different so i couldnt. are those strobes on your fenders? is it a 250 or 350? 360 motor?

12. Big Boss Man

from midwest

It's only a 150, 318 with a edelbrock intake and 600 holley, that really woke it up, 2 barrel was a joke, yes there's a 4 lite strobe on the corners along with the double flash on the roof, but the best part is, as we all know old mopars weren't the best in the charging dept. but I fixed that, mopar big frame 100amp in original mount and a 200amp! leece-neville where the smog pump went with dual batts. direct wired to alternators dodge 002.jpg

dodge 002.jpg

13. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

The old W series trucks are great for pushing under a budget. They will never die and will out push many of the newer independent front end trucks. The only soft spot is the wiring and body undercareage. In time they will melt away .... Usually before the drive line gets tired!!!

As for blades anything will do.... Just remember to keep it simple and as light as possible. A friend of mine has an older 3 pin sno way on his 93. Great truck combination, many years of service ....

14. randomb0b123

from america

woahhhh sounds like alot of plow for a halfton haha

15. randomb0b123

from america

i put 2 batteries on mine too but my original alternators still going once it dies ill upgrade it

16. Big Boss Man

from midwest

I've actually had a 9' 2" V on it, a buddies 1 ton gmc's 6.5 took a dump and of course couldn't be wreckered with the plow, so I went and got it, handled it fine, I must confess though I've got 3/4 ton springs;)

17. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

You can run a big truck battery on the factory tray. This will really wake up the plow WRT speed and amp draw. I would run a V too on a sprung W150 !! ;)

My old w350 was 13 500lb on the quarry scale once. Silly part was it was only just on the rear helpers and still rode level.