1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

85 chevy

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by larold83, Nov 13, 2009.

1. larold83

larold83 Senior Member

hey all this is my second season plowing but my chevys 23rd season bet not many ford owners can say much about that lol. but any ways my rear end well i can't keep a axle seal in the pass side any more the housing for pinion pin is wore so my buddy welded the pin in. 2 summers ago took bed off sanded the frame primered and painted the frame,put new exhaust on it, hooked back up the fuel gauge, welded in cab corners ,rocker pannels, one iner fender, two front fenders, winshield washer motor and tank, radiator resivor, starter, resesed the front bumper they had those stupin extended brackets for the pump so now its back where it belongs. changed the fluid in the plow unit caught, 5 mice out of the truck, put in a cd played never do that a gain pain in the a s s, next year i wanna put in 3/4 fron and rear diffs, and a 7 1/2 foot western plow, oh and i gotta change the oil in the trans and put in a b&m shift kit i would like to put in a cooler but still debating i know it wouldn't hurt so i should.

2. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Do you have any pics of this truck?

We really enjoy pics on this site.:D

3. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

I had an 85 3/4 Sierra for my first plow truck. By the time I got it, it was pretty much shot from my non-mechanically inclined brother, but its also the truck I learned to drive on and I had alot of fond memories of. It was an asolutely fantastic truck, storng as hell. Wish I had gotten it sooner in its life as its unfortunate demise could have been prevented eary on.