1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

85 chevy back feed lights

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by rocksbite, Dec 14, 2011.

1. rocksbite

rocksbite Member

i tryed useing a 5 pin relay to select between the common wire from the truck light to the plow light. why am i getting back feed to the light that is supose to be off? so if i want the truck lights on the plow lights are dim and visa versa

i tryed to use 2 relays one to dicsonnect the common to the truck light and one to connect the common to the plow light but that didnt help

2. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

You have 87A connected to atual truck headlights and 87 connected to plow lights, 30 connected to Truck Light supply, 85 to ground and 86 to Signal to switch?

3. rocksbite

rocksbite Member

yes i tryed swapping 85 and 86 thinking there was a diode in side but that didnt change it

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

5. jklawn&Plow

Some designs use two relays where 87A is connected to Truck lights- common and power (default unpowered relay state) and plow lights connected to 87 (Ralay powered up)

6. rocksbite

rocksbite Member

Thanks guys
    Jk that's what I was thinking. I'm gonna kill the main power to the pass light high and low and divert it to the plow lights

7. jklawn&Plow

Boss plow site has schematics for the truck wiring, probably applicable to most any design.