1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

85 chevy 1 ton 4x4 dump

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by BOSS Adam, Jan 2, 2002.

1. BOSS Adam

BOSS Adam Senior Member

1985 Chevy 4x4 1 ton dump. New 6.5 diesel motor, new tires. 4 speed manual. 8ft meyer plow. Good STRONG plow truck.
    $6500 obo Call 708-534-8814 or post
  2. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Sounds good except it's a stick you were able to put a 6.5 turbo instead of the 6.2 that would come with i didn't think it could fit.Have any pics?
  3. BOSS Adam

BOSS Adam Senior Member

No sorry no pics camera is broke right now but i will try and get some up once camera is fixed :mad:
  4. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

The 6.2 and 6.5 are the same engine except the 6.5 has larger heads for the extra .3 liter displacement. It is a direct bolt in, but no turbo unless it is aftermarket. All other accesories including injector pump cross over.
  5. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

85 2500 Diesel - Feedback Wanted

Came across an ad for for an 85 Chevy 2500 4x4 Diesel with auto trans and a/c and plow.

Truck looks good in pic, and I am considering looking into it.

Anyone have any feedback on the truck in general?

I havent called yet for details, so I cant provide any further information yet.

Dino? a little help?
  6. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Be aware that the 6.2/700r4 drive train isnt a heavy duty powertrain,its all light duty stuff.It might have the TH400 3 speed HD auto,its better,but no OD.The truck wouldnt be very good for towing,no power,if the engine/tranny are in good shape it might be a good plow truck for an extra truck.If it starts hard,cold id be worried,if glow plugs are working,usually its tired.Id check the cab mounts good,they are likly rotting good by now.I dont know that much esle about those,I'm sure others will help more.