1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

84 K5 Blazer(TRADE) Chevy or GMC PLOWTRUCK

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by BBChevy, Oct 25, 2008.

1. BBChevy

BBChevy Junior Member

I Have a VERY CLEAN,1984 Chevy Blazer.64,000 Original Miles!
    Its From California,this Vehicle is as CLEAN as you will Find!
    The Pass.Door was Caved in at 1 time and bumped out.There are NO RUST ISSUES!!!!
    The Carpet and SEATS are Still LIKE NEW!
    ALL OPTIONS!
    Cruise,TILT,Air,P/Window and Locks,Power Rear Window that Works,Still even Drives like a New Vehicle.
    It will Need some Exhaust Repair(MINOR) Probily a Gasket.
    It has Aluminum Wheels and 33x12.5x15 BFG RadialsAT's.
    It does have a New Intake and Carb.Air-Gap and Edelbrock Carb.
    I would Like to Trade this or SELL OUTRIGHT?

I would Like a Desent Truck with a Plow,CHEVY or GMC----ONLY----!!!
    I could do without the Plow if the Truck is VERY NICE!
    Anything 87 or Newer w/Injection,preferribily a 3/4 Ton,but a 1/2 would also Work?
    I Purchased the Blazer to make a Plow Truck,but ITS JUST TO CLEAN>To do that to the TRUCK!
    THANKS
    Greg
    blwn38@gmail.com
    I'll shoot some Pictures tomorrow,10-26-hopefully

2. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

how much do you want outright for this ?

3. BBChevy

BBChevy Junior Member

Blazer

5000.00 CASH!
    TRADE Value,DEPENDS.........................?
    THANKS
    Greg

4. Keith_480231

Keith_480231 Senior Member

We need pics!

5. BBChevy

BBChevy Junior Member

Blazer PICTURES!

Here they are!
    I do have a couple More if Needed?
    Later
    Greg
    231 690 5075 cell

100_0990.jpg

100_0993.jpg

100_0991.jpg

100_0992.jpg

100_0995.jpg

6. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Great old Blazer, and I admire the interest in keeping it as it is. However, this truck IS built from an era of fantastic trucks. Consider further that the short wheelbase only adds to its appeal as a plow truck. If someone here is likely to put a plow on it, why wouldn't that person be you? You own the truck. A BRAND NEW blade on there would work flawlessly, even if modern mounts have to be altered. There's nothing saying any truck has to be abused as you fear from plowing. The hood & cap have paint issues anyway, so you can't be concerned about a few scratches from low branches. I can see you having great success with this truck, and face it -- you know this truck!

7. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

I dont see you getting over $3k for the truck. If I was you I would put a plow on it and use it.

8. Puddlejumper

Puddlejumper Member

I even have a unimount and western plow for it.

Let me know if you want to go this route.

9. BBChevy

BBChevy Junior Member

?

????????????What Route would that Be?
    Later
    Greg

10. BBChevy

BBChevy Junior Member

Blazer

Then Maybe you SHOULD'Nt LOOK!!!
    Later
    Greg

11. YardMedic

He's saying about putting his unimount on the Blazer, keeping it for plowing

12. BBChevy

BBChevy Junior Member

Plow

THANKS But,
    I LIKE the MEYERS Stuff and Have QUITE a bit of there Stuff around here!
    Later
    Greg
    The Way that i took His Offer was that,He would give Me tha 3Grand for the Blazer?But,I have been WRONG Many Times in the Past......................................?

13. Puddlejumper

Puddlejumper Member

Sorry

While the blazer seems to be in nice shape it is not really commercially viable. I have a Western plow and Mount for that year vehicle that I would part with was all I was saying. Meyer has a ok plow to. good luck with your endeaver.

14. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I would put a plow on it and run it... it's clean but not $5000.00 clean JMO

15. YardMedic

I expect that's going to be the prevailing feeling. It has much more usable value to you than actual selling value. That truck could make $10k in a winter for you without hesitation.

16. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Easy buddy, just putting it to ya straight from one Blazer lover to another.

17. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Don't take this the wrong way, just as constructive criticism from someone who absolutely loves the pre-91 Blazers & 'Burbans. I understand that this truck has no rust issues and is from Cali, but it has paint issues, the p/s door is real rough, although clean the interior shows quite a bit of wear, and the truck looks to have a early to mid-90's Goodwrench Reman motor. True it is in better shape than many of that vintage, but if I were you, I'd put a blade & hitch-mount spreader on her and make 2-3 times what you are asking for it. I think you might find it very difficult to get even close to a $5000 offer on it. Like I said, please take no offense, I'm not looking for a fight, just offering up some advise. Best of luck.

18. BBChevy

BBChevy Junior Member

Blazer

You know?
    I REAL APPRICIATE all of the Opinions that you GUYS have throw out on the Blazer!
    But,I DID NOT ASK For OPINIONS,of How i Should use MY OWN VEHICLE!!!
    A Buyer or Purchaser,or SWAP is more in the Line of what i NEED!!!
    THANKS
    Greg

19. YardMedic

Welcome to the world of unsolicited advice, and no, you don't REAL APPRECIATE anyone's opinions. Do you know exactly what you got here? Instead of people simply saying that you're on drugs thinking you're gonna get 5k for it, they've all suggested ways to get the most value. So before you think you're gonna come in here and pi$$ all over people who have taken time to play your game, shut up & take it, or find the nearest door.

20. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

good luck with your endeavor