1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

84 k10 2 cylinders not firing

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by TrailK10, Dec 14, 2006.

1. TrailK10

TrailK10 Member
    from NH

I have an 84 k10 I have replaced the plugs 3 times and can't seem to get in to run on 8 i am getting spark at all cylinders but it seems as though #'s 3 and 5 spark plugs arn't firing they are still clean looking. I overheated the truck pretty bad once could a cracked block or cylinder head be the reason why its not running on 8 cylinders? thanks
  2. yzf1000_rider

yzf1000_rider Senior Member

probably a head gasket you can run a leak down test on each cyl. that will tell you if the head gasket is blown but my guess is it is. becasue they are right next to each other. hope this helps.
  3. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

I know early small blocks had....

I don't know if this is it or not but some early small blocks had soft camshafts which would cause a dead cylinder or two.....This happened to my 78 Vette,Ok for me as I wanted to build a motor for it anyways.....
    Compression test would be a good start ,as mentioned before a leak down test,make sure there is spark etc.....
  4. lawnmasters2006

lawnmasters2006 Senior Member

i would say the cam is wore out,does it have a alot of miles on it? :angry: