1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

84 F-250 Meyers Mount

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by long0, Sep 13, 2002.

1. long0

long0 Senior Member

I called around looking for a Meyers undercarrage for an 84 F-250 today. Pricing was all over the place. A local company quoted me $900, (Permanent Mount) and another place down the road about 60miles quoted me about $350 (EZ Mount). I called CPW and they quoted me $650 (EZ Mount).

Nobody can agree on whether an EZ mount frame is made for this truck or not.

I am hoping somebody here can help me solve this.

Another idea I have is; I had a 90 full size bronco that finally died. Before I took it to the junk yard, I removed the mount that was on it. It is the old permanent style, but is in fairly good condition. Will this work for my F-250.

I really don't care how I get the plow mounted, but it needs to be done soon. The tops of the mountains are becoming white.

Thanks for any help

2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

The main difference is that the Bronco has a coild spring front and the 350 has a leaf spring front axle. The frames should be very close if I remember. You may be able to mount the plow. Try it.
  3. rshaffer1088

rshaffer1088 Junior Member

i believe my mount will fit your truck

i have a meyers plow bracket with part number 11420 stamped on it. i believe it fits a leaf spring ford hd truck.
  4. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

It might fit, because the bronco was coil sprung some of the mounts bolted up at the front of the frame horns or withing 4-5inches from there. On the f-250s and 350's the leaf spring perch is there.