1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8'2" VXT on 06 GMC 2500HD CC Duramax??

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Snowman7, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Snowman7

Snowman7 Member
    from WI

Anyone out there running a VXT on a CC Duramax? I am looking a getting a 8'2" VXT and adding timbrens

2. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

Youll be fine, ran a 9.2 VXT on mine last year with no issues. Switched to a 8.2 with wings this year for more carrying capacity

3. Snowman7

Snowman7 Member
    from WI

Thanks

What is the weight difference from a 9'2" VXT vs a 8'2" VXT with wings?

4. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Stick with the 8'2". Your truck can carry the 9'2", not much more weight, but to big to get in smaller areas.

5. badabing1512

All depends on what your doing, Im running a 8.2 regular with wings, not the xt this year, i think the 8.2 with wings is a little bit lighter than then 9.2vxt, i thight like 50lbs but dont quote me on that. The carring capacity from a 9.2 to a 8.2 with wings (10.4) is huge and i have a few lots where all the snow has to go to one spot in complex areas and the 30 degree angle on the wings enable you to relocate snow much better without it spilling out.

6. Snowman7

Snowman7 Member
    from WI

Thanks for the info....

Think I am going to go with the 8'2" and see how the truck handles it. Than maybe add wings on later.

7. badabing1512

Thats your best bet

8. Snowman7

Snowman7 Member
    from WI

badabing1512,

What kind of truck are you running the 8'2" on?