1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8'2 v plow wont angle right

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Alpinegreen, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Alpinegreen

Alpinegreen Junior Member

I cannot get my plow to angle right. The motor runs. but cannot get the right side to go out. The left side works, goes up and down. Please help I am going to lose my mind troubleshooting this thing

2. Alpinegreen

I have cleaned the connections

3. springer HD

springer HD Junior Member

Easiest thing is to swap out the controller with another one that you know works. If this isnt it, check for power and ground at you coils.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

5. Alpinegreen

Thanks for the help guys. I got my friends controller and it still had the same problem. We did find a loose wire however and got the right side to go out very slowly. Now that is my problem. What would cause this?

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it's slow on that function you may still have a poor electrical connection on or to the coil thus causing low magnetism, which will only pull the valve partially open. Best to go over the connections on that coil again as well as in the bumper plug and back to the controller plug. May have a partially cut wire on that function also so be sure to check it all the way through.

However, if you want to rule that out entirely and easily, run a 10 amp fused jumper wire from the positive post on the pump motor directly to the right wing extend coil. Then try the function again with the controller. If it now works fine then you know it is an electrical problem on the wire between the controller plug and the valve coil.

7. Alpinegreen

Thanks for the help. I will try that In the morning. The dealer said it might be the hydraulic Cylinder. But never had a problem before this. Problem is the plow sat for Three weeks since the last storm. Worked when I parked it.