1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8'2 V plow bumper stop??

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by rb69, Dec 6, 2009.

1. rb69

rb69 Member
    from Midwest

I have another truck this winter for my 8'2" poly V plow. It is a lifted 3500 Dodge that I have lengthened the plow mount.
    I now have my sand tubes in the back & it has raised things up front & now requires alittle help w/ the jack to attach it & droppping the mount down currently would be tuff.
    Is moving the rubber bumper back some to allow the plow side mount to raise OK??
    snow is here tonight & then again on Tuesday/Wednesday & trying to get by for a few days.
    Picture is from B4 the final welding was done.

94 dodge.jpg
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can move the bumper but you may find there isn't enough adjustment in it depending on how much you actually need.

If you move it be sure to adjust it until the wings set flat on the ground in all positions while attached to the truck, which is what it's actually meant to be used for. Don't simply adjust it until it mounts/dis-mounts ok. Otherwise you'll later discover that it doesn't set flat on the ground.
  3. rb69

rb69 Member
    from Midwest

B&B, thanks for the input. I need to make a long plate to allow the push bar to be lowered correctly.
    Thanks again
  4. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

very nice looking truck!!!!
  5. rb69

rb69 Member
    from Midwest

Thanks> It was a dually, we did ALOT of work to it & today is it's first pass:)