1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8'2 trade

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by nrplowguy, Jan 26, 2013.

1. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

Had a guy stop by my place this morning and he wanted to know if I was interested in trading my 8' poly for his V. Plows are about the same age but his had an area that concerned me. On the hinge the second tab up was broken off and you could see that the DS wing kinda pulled away. Is this something I should worry about? I wasnt able to snap any pics.
  2. bpminc74

bpminc74 Member

I Wouldn't touch it unless he fixes it and has your dealer go over it. Chances are that if he hit somthing hard enough to break that there might be other damage. Parts are not cheap.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Why does he want to trade it?
  4. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

yeah I am not going to touch it!!!! he said he didnt need a V cause all he did was driveways so he wanted to trade even. well I guess he is going to be stuck with it!!
  5. gunsworth

gunsworth Senior Member

keep away, hes full of it, i love my V on drives, used my other truck with a straight blade the other night and HATED it. the v makes it so much cleaner, and real nice when you cant push accros the street
  6. darryl g

darryl g Senior Member
    from CT

What I love about my V on drives is being able to tuck it in when maneuvering which in effect reducies my turning radius when there are obstacles. Well that and being able to drive right in with it in V mode rather than having to push back the corners. And it being only 88 inches wide in scoop mode....guess I love everything about it for driveways, lol.
  7. ceptorman

ceptorman Senior Member
    from Indy

They are very handy on tight driveways