1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8'2 or 9'2??

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jlouki01, Dec 4, 2009.

1. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

8'2V XT or 9'2 V XT?

I have an 06 silverado 2500 that i will be installing it on. Currently have a 7'6 straight so I am going to swap the harness and move the straight off onto another truck.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Reg cab? Extended cab? Crew cab? What type of accounts? How many?

3. Deco

Deco Senior Member

can you say "nosedive"? stock chevy dont look perty carrying a :laughing:Boss' around JMOO

4. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

I have an idea lets laugh at you for not knowing how to spell:laughing:

Like B&B said need more info, also if you have a boss on there now i dont think you have to swap out the harness. Put a few cranks on the t-bars and if you have a diesel get a set of timbrens. I run a 8'2'' boss v with 12'' STEEL Boss "look a like " wings on a 06 Crew Cab Diesel, and i have no problems. Running this set up from day one in 06. My only regret is that i didnt get the truck sooner. Best of luck

5. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

If you don't have any tight spots on your route then go with the 9.2

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Unless you have a place it won't fit, get the 9-2

7. JCPM

JCPM Senior Member
    from CT

You don't have to swap the harnesses. Their all the same. Just change the controller.

8. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

6.0 Gas regular cab.

We plow a mix of everything. No residential though. Some wide open.. some tight..We have 5 other straight blades so this will not be my only plow.

I want to say my buddies V had a bunch of relays and what not under the hood on the harness?

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

9.2 without question then.

Yours should too unless you're running an older plow with the 11 pin setup. And if so, then yes you'll want to go to a 13 pin. Vee or straight makes no difference on the harness's, it's whether it's SH2 equipped that will determine which harness you'll have.

10. fairrpe86

fairrpe86 Senior Member

I would personally go with an 8'2 on a gasser, but B and B is the Boss expert on here so I would listen to him. The only reason I say go with the smaller is that we get some significant snows here and our gasser that has a 9'2 on it has issues pushing snow at times.

11. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

SH2= smart hitch 2 the switch on the side on the ploe frame to lift the head gear up and down.
    I thought they all have a 5 relay pack that go in the harness???

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not quite, the 11 pin's had no relays at all. Everything was done old school style with a DPDT toggle switch for headlamp functions.

Then the 13 pins, for years they were four relay and in '08 went to a five relay deal. But the newly added 5th relay is only to perform the dual burn function. Everything else remains the same.