1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8'2 or 9'2 Vxt for residential/ commercial mix

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by BossPlowMaster, Aug 15, 2013.

1. BossPlowMaster

BossPlowMaster Senior Member

Looking for some advice on wither or not i should spend the extra $200 and get the 9'2 boss vxt or play it safe with the 8'2 vxt? I do alot of residential but i have already hit the commercial heavy this year and taken on some bigger jobs than usual. I am concerned that the 9'2 wont fit in the driveway of one of my small residential customers...Also makes me think sooner or later i am going to find other spots that this plow will not fit.

Any advice???? I have to choose a plow by the end of next week

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

1st this is the picture forum

2nd, on the single account you speak of will cost you money, lose it.

3rd, how long you been plowing?

3. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

I'd go 8'2'' with wings, so you can have the extra width when you want it and can lose it with a couple pins when you dont.

4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

He's new, over eager, and young:

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=147191

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=147196

I'd go 9.2 and throw some wings on that. I run a 9.2 right now and there's plenty of times I wish it was wider. The amount of times I wish it was narrower isn't enough to bother me. Sometimes I have to get out and shovel a little bit but it's no big deal.

5. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

How wide do u think a 9'2 in full V or scoop is?

6. BossPlowMaster

Yes i am young and yes i am eager... i practically am ready for it to snow tomorrow. This is my first year with new equipment and a nice shiny truck. Im so excited i could crawl out of my skin. I dont care what you all think about my age.... Its only a number to me. Atleast i have the ambition to start my own business unlike 90% of our nation.

7. gusdust

gusdust Senior Member

I do a mix of res. and commercial with a 9-2 and a 8' rear plow. Works for me. The res. drives are not tight city though. More subdivision and condo type. The rear plow is a must have for me.
    We were all young and eager once. I'm still eager. Go for it, have fun, be professional you will do well.

8. BossPlowMaster

According to the boss specs sheet it is 92" in scoop mode and 99" in v