1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8'2 Or 9'2 V For A Dually?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SOSSW, Oct 16, 2007.

1. SOSSW

SOSSW Junior Member

I am considering a 9'2" Boss V or VXT for my 03 Chevy ext. cab dually 4X4 with Duramax/Allison auto. The local dealer said I should only need the 8'2" V? He has a 8' straight blade on his dually. I know I need the bigger one just to cover my tracks but the smaller V has it's advantages. I have a couple of apartment complexes with smallish parking lots to plow. My question is this: When you are plowing the lot and there are cars spaced with one empty space between them do you try to plow the space in between the parked cars or just plow behind them and not worry about the in between spaces? I don't think the 9'2" will fit between the parked cars.
  2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

If there's just a single space between cars we generally leave them, unless you can drive right through. I personally would go with a 9'2, we had a 8'2 and thought it was too small and it wasn't even on a dually.
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Go with the 9.2 without a doubt...you won't be sorry you did with a dually..and a 9.2 will fit in the space of most parking spaces...in the scoop position but you got to be very very careful.
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  4. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

Depends on what your doing with the plow, more driveways and smaller lots or more larger lots? If larger lots go with the 9.2 if driveways and smaller lots go with the 8.2 easier to meneauver. I think sometimes there can be too much plow
  5. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Get the 9', you wont regret it.

Like JD Dave said we dont fart around between cars unless there is plenty of room.
    The 9' would fit fine in scoop, but your ass end on a dually is darn near 8'. That does not leave much room, if your not perfectly straight you will have a problems with that wide ass trying to wedge it in there.:D
    Big truck needs a big plow, nothing worse then little plow syndrome.
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  6. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

Go 9'2. You have the truck to handle it. You need something to cover your wheel base.
  7. SOSSW

SOSSW Junior Member

My gut said 9'2 and you guys helped to confirm it.

I do have 2 driveways that are only 8 feet wide but the scoop should work fine there. All the snow has to be brought out to the street/terrace anyway because there is no room between the houses to put it.

Hey JD Dave, do you have the locking cylinders on your 9'2's?

As for the wide ass, it's not my fault my diet isn't working.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

My diet ain't working shoot! AHAH!
  9. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

I was referring to the trucks ass getting stuck between 2 cars. Good luck with the diet :salute:
  10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Right on.

If you can't fit a 9'2" through it, you ain't going to fit your butt through it. ;) :D
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2007
  11. SOSSW

SOSSW Junior Member

Thanks for the support Oomkes.
  12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Buy the Smart Locks. They are worth the money, they don't backdrag very well with out them.
  13. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Nothing less than a 9'2" V....and the smartlocks are awesome.:)
  14. icebeer

icebeer Junior Member

This is a no brainer. All dulleys need a 9' plow. DO NOT LET A DEALER 'SELL' YOU ANYTHING SMALLER!! As with getting between parked cars, you can angle, Vee, Scoop the Vee into a position less than 7ft.
  15. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

get the 9'2" V otherwise you will be running over your windrow in turns.
    when i plowed parking lots if there was only 1 spot between cars and i could eaisly get to it i would plow it, otherwise it was not worth my time and the possiblity of hitting one of the cars.