1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8'2" formed cutting edge cost question

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by secret_weapon, Jan 29, 2014.

1. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

I am wondering what the cost is for Boss 8.2 formed edges? I called 3 dealers around me and 2 said they were out with a back order of 7-15 days. 3rd place i called had a couple sets in stock and the total came to $423. I needed the edges and couldn't wait for them to get @ dealer that I normally go to. Last I checked I thought list on the edges were $182. Are they charging more because they are the only ones with them in stock?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

400 for both sides,make sure you buy a new bolt kit too. That's 182 per side.

3. secret_weapon

Well I already purchased them, I needed them and couldn't wait the 7-15 days from my normal dealer. I guess they knew they were the only ones with edges, so they raised the price. I will buy another set this summer at my normal discounted price.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I think Boss must set the price. All the Boss parts dealers charge the same price.

5. secret_weapon

If 182 is the set price, then boss dealer i went to charged more. 198 each. Is that enough to complain about? Its not a lot of money, but i won't go back.

6. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

my dealer told me 189.00 as im more than likely going to need a set for next year