1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8'2 Boss VXT or 810 Power Blizzard?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by IMAGE, Nov 9, 2007.

1. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Both plows look to be good plows with good dealers. (the Boss dealer is 75m closer though). I like the expanding 8-10' with the 810, and the scoop sides. But the Boss VXT well, it makes me drool:D

So since they are both the same price, $5000 cash and carry, which is a better plow? Which is gonna be more usefull over the yrs, and which would you buy?

Remember I'm new to this. Just goin to pick up my 05 2500hd in a couple hours

2. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

Blizzard for me

3. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Boss all the way...........go for the 9.2 V if you can.

4. Tractor Plower

Tractor Plower Senior Member

What will you be plowing? I
    d say the Blizzard will generally be more productive.
    -Mikewesport

5. Snowguy01

Snowguy01 Senior Member
    from Erie

Cant beat the time you save when you plow with the blizzard That is all we run

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

That's a hard decision. The Blizzard will plow more snow in wide open spaces, hands down then the 8'2. Make your choice on what your going to be plowing.

7. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Get the boss xtv. I have had all boss plows and nothing compares. This is my third year running a vee and I will never buy another straight blade again.

8. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Well guys, I went with the 810. Since the truck I got today is an ex cab long box I am gonna try to ***** myself out to mostly parking lots. I figure that this is the best plow for that.

By the way, this truck rocks! Can't believe I stole a 05 2500hd in nice shape for $13500!
    I pick up the plow next week, assembled. I am just gonna install the mount. Great deals all around I think. LET IT SNOW!

9. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Well post pics of it. And do tell how you got it for that price and from whom!

10. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

I can post pics of the truck tomarrow, but I wont have any pics of the plow til I pick it up next week. I probally wont have installed pics for another couple weeks unless I take a day off to install it.

The 810 I am getting from RDO in Grand Forks, ND. I just called and said, "Hey this is how much I have allotted for a plow." His price was close, and we aggreed to meet in the middle. It was $4929+tax.

The truck I just got lucky. Have been looking at all kinds of trucks, and saw this one online at a Ford dealership about 100 miles away, called them right away and went to get it today. It actually ended up being in really good condition, alot better then I expected.

It was a lease return, and they were selling alot of trucks on consignment for the leasing company. It was a construction company truck, but probably a forman's truck based on how nice it is. Oh and I got 16mpg driving home, even better then I hoped! Turned out to be a good couple days! :D

Last edited: Nov 9, 2007