1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8'2" Boss DXT edges and pins

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by srl28, Jan 2, 2016.

1. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Well after last years busy season we wore down one or the new DXTs cutting edges to the point where it needs replacing. Where is everyone buying their edges? Will probably go the Jthomas or central parts route as the dealer is already back ordered and about $65 per edge higher. Do I need to buy the formed edges or not? One dealer says just bolt on regular "v" edges to the trip
    Edge as it is now, the other says no way and buy the formed edges and discard the smaller center sections that are bolted on top of the larger edge from the factory.

Also had the lock pin and spring fall out on one side of the plow where the plow connects and locks onto the truck frame. Once the edge wore down a lot the guys were having trouble mounting and dismounting the plow. Almost as if the truck is sitting a little too high. May wind up dropping the plow mount by one hole and see. I think the dealer set this truck up for one of our straight blades and not this DXT so it may not be leveled correctly.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Those aftermarket edges don't hold up as well so if you can,find another dealer who may some. And do buy the formed edges, Most plow will be harder to mount as the cutting edge wears down, Don't need to adjust the mount.

3. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Agreed. Our other vplows especially but they needed a floor jack to get it on and off each time. We ll see how it goes with new edges before we go adjusting anything. The boss formed edges are coming in around $235 a side

4. grandview

Just a small of piece plywood under the cutting edge will help when taking it off.

5. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

So we finally ordered new edges from Central Parts Warehouse. They were delivered to us in under two days which was great. Our only question now is the Bolt holes in the formed edges don't line up. Are there edges specific to the DXT? We were under the assumption that before and the XT edges would bolt right to the trip edge on this plow. Not a single hole winds up so at this point it looks like will be drilling four or five holes for each side, not to mention the fact that we would need more bolts since the plow only comes with the two in the center that hold the smaller centerpieces on

6. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Problem solved- well sort of. The edges that were sent are Vxt edges and not the ones for a DXT plow. Calling back again tomorrow to see if we can exhange or return these and get the correct ones.

We did notice though that the plow still wouldnt come off the truck without the floor jack picking up the frame of the plow off the mounts "hooks" even with 2x4s under the plow edge to prop it up. I'm sure once the new edge is on we won't have a problem but it is going to be a pain to remember to bring and put blocks of wood under the plow to unhook it each time, or remember a jack.

7. grandview

you are taking it off in v position?

8. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

I've always even with my v I just picked up put boards on each corner and the middle to make it a little easier