1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810ss ?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by threeleaf, Dec 25, 2009.

1. threeleaf

threeleaf Senior Member

does anyone run one?
    we bought one used and it works awsome,its way faster then a pusher.
    but i was wondering if anyone has a mod for the controls. They are very hard to use when plowing i have to stop when i want to change an angle.im really not sure were to mount the controls in the cab..
    its in a cat 246b
    thanks Allen

2. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I have thought about this problem too, but since my guy operating it doesn't mind it, neither do I. I considered running the angle through the aux electrical connection and using 2 floor mounted rocker switches for the wings. I found a site online that had weather proof switches. My machine is pilot control and I found leaving the remote wedged between the right joystick and sidewall keeps it close at hand.

3. threeleaf

threeleaf Senior Member

we wedge ours in the same place but i was just seeing if there was a better way
    i love the plow but the control does get a little awkward
    Allen

4. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Allen, I forget how the cats are set up. My Tak has a pedal in on the floor for Aux hydros. I am sure you can just plumb the angle cylinders direct?