1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810ss Seized wing pin removal

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by SCox, Jan 3, 2013.

1. SCox

SCox Junior Member
    from 20106

Still working on my 810ss... I've gotten to the outermost pin that is pressed in that the wing pivots on and it is seized. I've heated the sleeve while in a hydraulic press, about 13 tons of pressure, It didn't budge. My thought is to cut it off and start over Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Steve

2. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

drill 1/8 hole in the middle of the sleeve spray with wd or pb and heat and move back and forth it has worked for me or drill it out on the top and bottom it is possible it is sheared off partially

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

your gunna have problems they are not fun to get out. if you dont have to get them out,,dont

4. SCox

SCox Junior Member
    from 20106

Ones out, drilled top & bottom to release wing, then heated both sides and pressed it out. Now working on a design with a grease fitting.

5. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Cut the pin to free wing from slide box, then drill it out.