1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810SS First gen questions

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by SCox, Dec 27, 2012.

1. SCox

SCox Junior Member
    from 20106

I'm deffinately addicted to blizzards.... I have 4 now and plow in NOVA, ie, often very little snow..... Any way, I take care of one of the local Walmart lots and decided to use one of my ctls to push. I picked up a 810SS first generation (8 hoses into moldboard) with no skid side harness, and I can't figure out the purpose of the s1 "pump" solenoid. I can angle it left and right by appling ground and power to those solenoids. I got the wings out, but no "scoop" and they won't go back in by activating retract solenoids. I think the S1 pump solenoid comes into play, not sure where. Im running my hydros full time as well. I've pulled the pllow apart to clean, do a little repair, and paint. It sat a loooooong time. It looks to be a 2000 model, orignial edge, bolts etc just left sitting and rusting outside. I will call Jerre to see if he has any insight. If any of you have any ideas it would be appreciated. Oh yeah, tracks were terrible until I siped them, now they do great.
    Thanks
    Steve

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  2. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

First off reverse your flow. S1 is to trigger flow from the manifold to the valves. Otherwise it returns to the machine. you need S1 activated with each function... Use diodes to make this easy.

3. SCox

SCox Junior Member
    from 20106

Thanks Jerre, that make sense. It is apart right now. I should have it back together next week and will wire it up with the diodes set up to activate s1 with each function. Are there any of these older style controls for sale any more? My local dealer couldn't locate one.
    Thanks

4. Jerre Heyer

Got a couple complete with wire harnesses on the shelf.

5. SCox

SCox Junior Member
    from 20106

How much for the harness and control. All I have is the harness that comes off the plow.

6. Jerre Heyer

Send me a pict of the plow side plug end to 814-881-4093 or jerre@jerres.com so I can see which of the options you have.

Jerre