1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

810PP on Hino 338 5 ton conventional

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Dumpster Guy, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Dumpster Guy

Dumpster Guy Member

I did a search and could'nt come up with anyone who has put a plow on a hino 338. I manage to get one of last years Blizzards so that I can change between vehicle in the event that something happens to a piece of equipment. Then I started looking for trucks... meanwhile having the 338 wired and mount installed. Now I am starting to think maybe I don't need another truck... could the hino work.?

Have any of you installed a plow on a hino conventional?

Any thoughts?

Before you say that driveways might be challenging> i do only commercial and I work in Vancouver British Columbia where we don't get that much snow but when we do It goes for a premium. (Well we'll see about the premium part > we got allot of snow last year so there are a bunch of new guys with plows that might drive the price down.)

2. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

First, very nice truck, I really like the Hinos. Shame they don't make a 4x4.

Second the problem I see is that truck will rip the sh** out of an 810. Now a full size 8611 sure, but not an 810.
  3. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

Agreed!!! That truck can handle a 8611 all day. wesport The 810 would just not do that truck justice and the moldboard would just be too low for the snow load you are gong to be able to handle with that size truck. Get the snow deflector too.

Having run the 810's on my F-450 F-550 I can tell you you would love a 8611LP on that 5500 too. :nod:

Best, Ron G.