1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8100pp vs wideout and truck mount

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Nacho0601, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Nacho0601

Nacho0601 Junior Member

I have a 2007 Chevy 2500hd 6.6 diesel with a crew cab and short box. Looking to buy either a western wideout or a blizzard 8100pp. Went to the blizzard dealer the other day and he said the truck would work great with that plow but talked to the western dealer guy later that day and he said there was no way my truck would support those plows. He said i would have to get a 7.5 straight blade with no wings. Is there any truth to that? Any other advice you guys can give on the plows? Thanks.
  2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I've seen trucks like yours with a Wideout on them. Western probably doesn't recommend a plow that heavy but you can certainly make it work.
  3. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

The wideout is very heavy....fyi
  4. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Keep "about" 800-1000lbs in the rear of the bed, crank the tbars, put some timbrens on the front, and you'll be fine with either plow.
  5. Nacho0601

Nacho0601 Junior Member

That's what I was planning on doing. Any advice on which plow to get or anything that makes one better than the other? Both dealers are close and have good support.
  6. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

As are the 8100's, and even more so the 810's. Thumbs Up

For what it's worth, I wouldn't hang any less than a 8'-10' [expanding wing] plow on a SRW truck. If I had a DRW, it would most definitely get an 8611.
  7. snocrete

snocrete Banned

What about the 03 2500 in your sig?

Besides, last I heard you werent going to hang ANY plow off ANY truck anymore?..?;)
  8. snorider075

snorider075 Senior Member

get a ford and that would take care of your concerns.lol. But I do have a 8611lp on my truck and with no issues what so ever. you wont have problem either way.
  9. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I have a 810 on my GMC 2500HD CCSB. It's an 09 and I have plowed for 2 winters with it with no problems. I have Timbrens in the front and the torsion bars turned up 4 turns.

I don't like the rubber edges on the wings and I prefer direct lift over chain lift so I would buy an Blizzard.
  10. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I tried to put a PP on it, Bob didn't want to shell out the $ when last year was his last year as well. He doesn't need a PP just for his rural (1-mile) drive.

I'm not, I'm working on a couple different deals to get rid of it. Thumbs Up
  11. snocrete

snocrete Banned

P.S. Nick (White Gardens) started a new central IL thread the other day.....its ok that you dont plow snow anymore, we wont mind if you post on it:jester:
  12. Nacho0601

Nacho0601 Junior Member

I decided to go with the 8100pp. Thanks for all of the help guys!
  13. Precision21

Precision21 Junior Member

14. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Can i post there too....My Vast Knowledge of Nothing might come in Handy....:whistling:

To the OP......I don't think you can go wrong with the Blizzard or Wideout.Its about personal preference and dealer support.....:salute:
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  15. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Of course, thats what I like about you anywayThumbs Up