1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8100PP Mount Help

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by JR2980, Aug 18, 2015.

1. JR2980

JR2980 Junior Member

Hey guys I need some help! :dizzy:

I've got a Blizzard 8100pp that is currently mounted on an '07 F250 - I'm selling the truck, and would like to move the plow to my '05 Excursion.

Everything I'm reading says that the Excursions shared the frame with the F250's, so makes me thing it would be a direct swap, but I'm a little leery since the '07 has coil springs and the Excursion has leaf springs.

The springs on the Ex have been upgraded to F350 springs, so I'm not worried about it being able to carry the weight, and it will be primarily used for my property, and a couple of residential lots. The suspension on the Ex (since upgraded) is actually better than the F250 suspension, and they both have the same 6.0 motor, so I don't anticipate any issues.

I'm not sure if it would be a direct swap or not. The blizzard site doesn't list the Excursion for this plow, so no help there. Also, '05 was the last year for the Ex, and it was right around when ford was modifying things - I'm not sure if Ford updated the frame for the '05 excursions when they updated the F-series, or if they continued using the '04 frame for the '05 Ex since it was the last year. Add to that the fact that there were changes in '04 between the early and late builds, and I'm thoroughly confused.

Does anyone have an 8100pp on an excursion, or know what undercarriage mount to use for it? I'd like to save the $450 and just re-use the mount off of my F250 if at all possible.

Any help is appreciated! :salute:
  2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I would think not.

Have you checked other plow manufacturers to see if their numbers change given the same information.
  3. fireside

fireside Senior Member

Last time I looked they are different frame horns. So I'm not sure if it will fit
  4. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

yea, the mount is different, and the headlight harness will be different too.
  5. JR2980

JR2980 Junior Member

So I did some research, and it looks like I need mount 30982 and wiring harness 29050 for the Excursion, and I have mount 30259 and wiring harness 25049 on my F350, so no-worky.

Just wanted to post this in case anyone else needs the info.

So if anyone has a blizzard mount 30982 and/or harness 29050 that they want to get rid of, or needs the mount off my F350 30259 and harness 29049, let me know.