1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8100 Vortec Block Heater

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Snowman19, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Snowman19

Snowman19 Senior Member

Just like to let everyone know that the 8.1L Vortec has a block heater. Its get below zero at night in most of the midwest right now,so i hope this helps someone.
  2. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

i don't have one but where is the plug ?????????
  3. Snowman19

Snowman19 Senior Member

Mine was located behind the front bumper, With what looked like factory tape. I was just messing around and discovered it.
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not all of the 8.1's come with a block heater. They have to be optioned with one when the dealer order's the truck. They are nice to have though,on any truck in this kind of cold weather!
  5. Gmgbo

Gmgbo Senior Member

How is that 8.1 on gas?
  6. Snowman19

Snowman19 Senior Member

I Sucks fuel thats for sure. But it will tow a TRAIN!!! It has so much power.
    Honestly i checked it when we were on the highway going up north and it was 8.6 MPG
  7. Mine w/o plow or balast was getting between 10-11.5 mixed city/hway. Mines got 3.73:1 gears... Now, with the plow, get anywhere from 6-9mpg city only...
  8. Snowman19

Snowman19 Senior Member

Hate the gas mileage, Love the power!!!